Technology - Tech Risk - Application Security Architect / Risk Adviser - VP - New York
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
The Technology Risk team protects the systems and data of our firm and our clients, equips our people with understanding and tools to measure risk and enable the use of technology, and evangelizes controls monitoring solutions. As trusted advisers to all of the firm?s business divisions, the Business Resilience team provides advice and guidance on the identification and management of business resilience risk, policy and compliance. Primarily focused on supporting divisional business resilience program , managing business relationships and designing business resilience controls and policy for the whole firm.
The team encompasses Information Security, Business Continuity and IT Regulatory compliance (such as Sarbanes Oxley). The global Technology Risk team currently has presence in New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong, Zurich, Moscow, Dallas and Beijing. It covers all technology and business areas including subsidiaries and affiliates globally.
You will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the development of risk in preference to security within technology and the business.
You will interact with all parts of the firm giving you the opportunity to grow within the Technology Risk team itself, but also gain the breadth of experience and knowledge to facilitate future career moves into risk & control management roles in other divisions within the firm.
You will become a highly committed trusted Risk Adviser with the discipline and interpersonal skills to work in a global environment communicating the impact of technology risks and the approach to mitigation/acceptance. You will provide Technology Risk Advisory risk assessment and advisory services to engineers as part of the EMEA Technology Risk function.
- Driving adoption of embedded application security controls as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Assess applications for design related security risks and assist teams in determining appropriate remediation for issues identified
- Contribute to the implementation and refinement of the strategy for the Application Risk program both globally and in the region
- Provide guidance on existing and emerging threats in the web and mobile application space
- Contribute to the technical understanding and adoption of information security standards, solutions and tools
- Be highly committed both to achieving the deliverables and to the team itself.
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations.
- Provide deep level subject matter expertise in one or more areas, such as implementation of cryptography, authentication, specific development language implementation risks and secure design patterns
- Work with engineers to develop customized security testing strategy to complement the existing security testing program managed by Technology Risk
Basic Qualifications-You will have a minimum of to 5 years experience in information security or related fields and risk analysis techniques
- You will use your strong technical, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills to interact with your internal clients locally and globally
- Secure software development practices and frameworks
- Mobile application architecture, threat analysis or control implementation
- Security testing methodologies, tools and techniques
- Understanding of common application security vulnerabilities and controls to remediate.
- Development experience and proficiency in one of more languages, such as Java, C/C++, Objective C
- Ability to engage technical client base of engineers and communicate security requirements, potential risks and influence development practices
Preferred Qualifications-Medium-scale technical program management skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top