Technology - RMD Technology - Senior Application Developer - Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Realty Management Division Technology is seeking an Application Developer to develop and support Technology projects for Realty Management Division. The successful candidate Work closely with a team of Java and Web developers, focusing on architecture, development, maintenance and support of our web applications platform. Candidate will collaborate as a member of a global cross functional team to address various business's needs, provide technical support and would be responsible for diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various systems. As a member of RMD Technology division, applicant must be flexible in adapting to changing business priorities and comfortable filling a variety of development roles and responsibilities.
Realty Management Division (RMD) is primarily involved in the sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of performing and distressed real estate and loan assets, real estate management and disposition, credit investing services and portfolio management. RMD provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest, serving as a partner to other divisions across the firm, including Merchant Banking, Securities and Investment Management. The Realty Management Division has employees in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
RMD Technology supports the Realty Management Division, a global business unit that provides loan, real estate and investment management services to multiple trading desks across the firm. The applications built by RMD Technology facilitate the life cycle of $24 billion assets under management across different regions and asset classes. The team is uniquely situated to interface with multiple groups in the front-, mid- and back-offices giving a well-rounded perspective to the flow of the data throughout the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for design and development of Web Applications including writing code, testing, creating system and unit tests, and bringing technical depth and creativity to projects
- Performs first level troubleshooting of issues and performing periodic tasks required for the ongoing functionality of the software applications
- Manage project releases through deployment, reporting on team milestones and deliverables
- Work both individually and also with regional teams to optimize systems and resources
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong experience (5-7 years) in Java development
- Solid experience (3+years) developing in AngularJS framework
- Solid experience (3+years) with Web Technologies HTML5, CSS, CSS3,SASS, Bootstrap
- Strong experience with REST API and Web Services (3+ years)
- Experience with JAXRS, CDI, J2EE, and ORM Frameworks (3+ years)
- Proficient in test driven development both for UI (Karma, Jasmine) and Backend services (Junit, Mockito etc)
- Experience with SQL and RDMS systems. Oracle/SQL or Sybase is a plus
- Experience developing applications with demonstrated experience with full software lifecycle and deploying applications to Production and experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with the firm's DASH platform is a preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top