Technology - RMD Technology - Developer - Associate - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RMD Technology supports the Realty Management Division, a global business unit that provides loan, real estate and investment management services to multiple trading desks across the firm. The applications built by RMD Technology facilitate the life cycle of $24 billion assets under management across different regions and asset classes. The team is uniquely situated to interface with multiple groups in the front-, mid- and back-offices giving a well-rounded perspective to the flow of the data throughout the firm.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking a Database Developer. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for ensuring integrity, definition, structure, and unity of purpose of data in Goldman Sachs system of record. Candidate will collaborate as a member of a global cross functional team to design, implement, and maintain both proprietary and commercial databases. As a member of RMD, applicants must be flexible in adapting to changing business priorities and comfortable filling a variety of roles and responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Collaborating with customers and developers to identify, analyze, and define complex business requirements
- Managing project releases through deployment, reporting on team milestones and deliverables
- Creating technical and user documentation, training end users
- Working both individually and also with regional teams to optimize systems and resources
- Providing business guidance on systems-related issues, facilitate communications with impacted parties
- Ability to work across diverse technologies including Sybase(IQ and ASE), SQL Server, Oracle and proprietary GS development platforms
- Ability to participate and/or lead design and code reviews - Ability to follow existing standards and architecture guidelines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills, including being comfortable dealing with people at a senior level
- Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top