Technology Risk - Tech Risk Tools Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities :
- The Technology Risk team protects the systems and data of our firm and our clients, equips our people with understanding and tools to measure risk and enable the use of technology, and evangelizes controls monitoring solutions
- The team encompasses Information Security, Governance, Measurement and Security and Incident Response
- The global Technology Risk team currently has presence in New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong, Zurich, Moscow, Dallas and Beijing
- It covers all technology and business areas including subsidiaries and affiliates globally
- Technology Risk Advisory delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the Information Security risk domains, including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs
- As a Tools Engineer, you will be part of a technical team that is responsible for equipping
- Technology Risk with security tools that provide outstanding value to the firm by being integrated, automated, scoped, and tailored to the context in which they perform their tasks
- The tools engineering team will be responsible for all security tools within Technology Risk
- You will administer, maintain, customize, and scale those tools
- You will work closely with Security Engineering to ensure the tools are effectively configured as the engineering team is streamlining, integrating, and automating the processes that make use of those tools
- The ideal candidate should possess the aptitude to work across teams and product owners, to elicit tool-related requirements from all parts of Technology Risk, and to work with tool vendor support teams in resolving issues that may arise from the use of the tools
- Managing, administrating, customizing, scaling security tools
- Participating in Proof-Of-Concept activities to explore and evaluate new security tools
- Working closely with security engineers to customize security tools
- Documenting procedures related to the administration, management customization and use of security tools
- Reporting on tool usage and related results
- Becoming a subject matter expert related to those security tools and their customization, such as single-sign-on, rule configurations, filters, API usage, reporting capabilities
- Driving adoption of security tools through training and awareness
- Working well in a global environment and complementing teams in other locations
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in administrating and managing vendor tools as part of the SDLC
- Basic applied knowledge in scripting languages
- Working experience installing and managing applications on Linux and Windows platforms
- Applied knowledge in Windows and / or Linux system administration
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-or Information Security
- Basic understanding of application security
- Experience in integrating and automating vendor tools
- Familiarity with API programming
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top