Technology Risk - Sec Div Engineering Mgmt
- London, United Kingdom
Securities Division Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the division and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the division with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
The Technology Risk Analyst delivers best in class advisory support and technology risk management solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Planning and ensuring delivery for strategic projects
- Communicating status to key stakeholders and management
- Escalating and mitigating execution risks/issues to minimize impacts to the projects
- Leveraging technology and tools to streamline processes
- Tracking incidents and deliverables
- Driving problem management and engineering solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience completing control reviews, risk assessments, scenario analysis, and other similar assessment methodologies
- Experience completing incident / event post-mortems including the assessment of impact and proposal of control failures / enhancements
- Experience in program / demand management including near-term control improvements and long-term strategic control remediation
- Ability to work collaboratively in managing a portfolio of risk management activities contiguously
- A good understanding of technology platforms
- Basic knowledge of different operating systems, databases, networking, security concepts and technologies from an IT risk and controls perspective
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value and work with colleagues in other lines of business to help find solutions to the challenges they face
- Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and deliver well under pressure
- 3+ years' experience in risk management
- Knowledge of ITGC controls, processes and methodologies
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills required
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise and understandable manner.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and proactively with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in PowerPoint to visually represent the data and communicate the key points
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- Project/Program Management background with a successful track record of delivering & maintaining effective solutions
- Follows through project tasks to completion, identifying gaps and ensures proper testing, and communicates status to stakeholders
- Management of project pipeline and prioritization of project tasks
- Proficient in the use of task management tooling such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint
- Represents changes appropriately at forums
- Experience working as part of a global team
- A passion for, and deep understanding of, the technical aspects of information security with particular focus on identify and access management
- Able to engage with senior business and technology management to drive clarity, compromise and conclusions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top