Technology Risk - Advisory - Security Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
Risk Advisory delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operationaldisruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
The Technology Risk team protects the systems and data of our firm and our clients, equips our people with understanding and tools to measure risk and enable the use of technology, and evangelizes controls monitoring solutions. As trusted advisors to all of the firm's business divisions, the Business Resilience team provides advice and guidance on the identification and management of business resilience risk, policy and compliance. Primarily focused on supporting divisional business resilience program, managing business relationships and designing business resilience controls and policy for the whole firm.
The team encompasses Information Security, Business Continuity and IT Regulatory compliance (such as Sarbanes Oxley). The global Technology Risk team currently has presence in New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong, Zurich, Moscow, Dallas and Beijing. It covers all technology and business areas including subsidiaries and affiliates globally.
You will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the development of risk in preference to security within technology and the business.
You will interact with all parts of the firm giving you the opportunity to grow within the Technology Risk team itself, but also gain the breadth of experience and knowledge to facilitate future career moves into risk & control management roles in other divisions within the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Technology Risk Advisory function by engineering software solutions that create, integrate, streamline or automate security tasks that help prevent, mitigate, or identify technology risk.
- Experience performing advanced engineering and development tasks in the security area.
- Familiarity with test driven and behavior driven development.
- Expert knowledge of security risks related to web, mobile, web services, and client/server architectures.
- Familiarity with common web stack technologies and platforms (Java, HTML5, Ajax, Node.js, Angular, React, MongoDB, etc.)
- Solid understanding of encryption schemes (symmetric, asymmetric, and hashing) and how they may be applied in an application architecture.
- Working knowledge of application security tools (Source/Binary Code analysis tools, software component analysis tools, such as SonaType, BlackDuck Hub)
- Working knowledge of the Software and Systems Development Life-cycle phases and related security tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Burp or Zap.
- Experience in using an Agile software development methodology.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System/Computer Engineering, Cyber-Security, or Information Security is preferred.
- Coursework or experience in computer science, computer security, software development, system design, open source frameworks, encryption schemes.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top