Technology - Quality Assurance - Data Management and Distribution - Data Governance - BA/PM - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Data Management & Distribution – Data Governance
The Enterprise Data Governance Office is a global team responsible for reducing the firm's risk by implementing and holding the firm accountable to its data governance policy. This is being achieved through a framework, tooling and workflow. It includes overseeing data standards and implementation of data unification and transparency.
This role offers a high profile opportunity to contribute to critical enterprise projects. The successful candidate will:
- Manage the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and close out of deliverables
- Facilitate project scope definition and project plan development (inclusive of scope, design, schedule, budget, resource plan, issues & process)
- Partner with platform and services teams and other groups in the firm to ensure project risks (e.g., execution, technology) are identified and addressed
- Manage communication, which includes dissemination of related project documentation and distributing status reports, meeting notes
- Lead regular project status meetings ensuring all risks and issues are escalated and addressed in a timely manner
- Provide structure to projects by working with teams to develop project plans
- Develop subject matter expertise in the tools and framework and surrounding technologies, to help drive strategy and manage associated Projito deliverables
- Manage the Onboarding of internal stakeholders to the Data Governance framework, including tracking progress of deliverables, identifying and supporting resolution of risk/issues
- Provide effective Onboarding support as a critical part of client relationships
- Manage stakeholders from requirements to UAT
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contribute to critical regulatory deliverables and alignment to principles set out by Basel Committee / Bank for International Settlements
- Contribute to the firm's overall uplift in data integrity, acquiring knowledge of Enterprise Data Governance, tooling and workflow
- Contribute to risk mitigation by understanding obligations, agreeing consumer requirements and onboarding data to the framework
- Become a strong architect building multi-tier, service oriented platforms
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years analysis / project coordination and business analysis experience
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of internal systems and technologies (e.g. PURE, Data Lake) an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top