Technology - PWM Technology - PWM Digital Platform - Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
This role is part of the PWM Digital Platform team. The PWM Digital team is a global engineering team, that is responsible for development of PWM Digital platform that delivers key Portfolio & Financial reporting, Online services & capabilities (Trading, Banking, etc), GS & Market insights and extensive set of collaboration tools for ultra high net-worth clients of PWM, AYCO, etc. The candidate should have strong technical design and engineering experience. The candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation and support for software solutions in the group. The candidate must have solid oral and written communication and organizational skills, and be comfortable in a technical role in a geographically diverse environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Technical: A deep technical understanding required to develop modules ranging from server components to user interfaces in a Global Delivery Model.
- The person should be familiar with developer best practices, but also be flexible to adapt to the team's established best practices and environment.
- Initiative/Ownership: The person must be self-motivated, moving the project forward against any obstacles, production or otherwise, along the way
- Analysis: The person will work with his/her local/global team and managers to help define their business practices and suggest solutions that improve efficiency
- Communication: The person will need to influence and motivate people of various interests and seniority levels. He/she needs to show past experience in utilizing various influence skills.
- Availability: Be available to respond to emergency situations and perform regularly scheduled maintenance
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers, and working independently on problem solving
- Exposure to project management in an enterprise application development environment
- Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Thorough working knowledge of Java
- Good working knowledge of firewalls, proxy servers, and load balancers
- Thorough working knowledge of modern document stores
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work in high paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top