Technology - PWM Technology - Java Developer - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client?s goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
- The Investment Banking Technology team is responsible for development and support of systems used by the Investment Banking Divisions. The team work closely with business users globally in eliciting end-user requirements all the way through to analysis, design, implementation and rollout of new solutions. The nature of the global business lends itself to high-profile transactions and visibility within the organization.
Design, develop and test web / windows applications for the Investment Banking Division, utilizing Java and .Net technologies. Job Responsibilities :
- Participate in the requirements gathering, analysis and design of projects
- Implement the application/project based on the business requirements making sure the solution follows the group?s established best practices.
- Fully test the solution, both unit testing of own code and team integration testing of the entire solution, prior to QA.
- JAVA developer for derivatives confirmations Technology
- Banking Technology creates and maintains proprietary technology for the Investment Banking Division (IBD). The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting.
We are seeking a Developer for Banking Technology in London. A 35-strong team that works as part of a larger global group, the team owns, maintains and builds a suite of proprietary applications to meet the IBD business need. These proprietary applications consist of a number of components which touch a number of different leading-edge technologies:
- Middle-tier web-services in Java
- Web-based portal applications using AngularJS and ExtJS
- Back-end SQL Server and Sybase ASE databases
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Good Analytical skills
- At least 3 years of development experience in any object oriented programming language
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Java development
- Experience in any RDBMS ? preferably Sybase
- Knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, JSP
- Engineering Degree with 5 years of development experience
- 2-5 years relevant technical experience including as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications and exposure to the software development lifecycle
- Experience in AngularJS and Java
- Experience with SQL Server and database development
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
- Experience in test driven development
- Excellent programming ability and knowledge of Java are the most critical skills required for this position. The candidate should have at least 4 years of expertise in developing Java applications. Experience programming in a real-time asynchronous systems desirable. An emphasis on server side development is expected. Other relevant technical skills:
- Strong Server Side Java programming experience
- Knowledge of RDBMS
- Knowledge of data modelling skills
- OO analysis and design
- This is required for CIO surge for Workflow related project
- Backfill for Ipshita Chakrabarti who has left the group for an internal mobility opportunity in HCM. This role is required to deliver Deal Lifecycle (DLC) deal link and to provide support during NY hours for critical applications such as MIS, Deal Manager, Banker Profile etc in the space.
- 2+ years software application development experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top