Technology - PWM Technology - Cash Trading Tech - Developer - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
PWM Cash Trading Engineering team is seeking talented and motivated software developers as part of supporting The Private Wealth Management Group (PWM) business. PWM within GS develops and manages relationships with high net-worth clients advising them on ways to build, manage and protect their financial assets through equity, fixed income, alternative investments, and other financial instruments.
PWM Cash Trading Engineering team builds and manages software products to support the real-time order, execution and trading needs of the global sales and trading organization and external clients. We are seeking strong developers to join us in the build-out of a state-of-the-art Order and Execution Management System for multiple asset classes (Global Equities, Listed Options, Fixed Income, FX , Mutual Funds etc.). This phased out multi-year program targets automation for all front-office functions will provide the business the ability to transact with multiple exchanges electronically, achieve greater synergy and operational efficiency for a diversified business audience. Our team members will work and collaborate with partners from business - Sales, Trading - and federation along with other technology groups.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with partners from business and federation to come up with innovate solutions to solve business workflow problems , optimizing and providing efficiency in front-office functions.
- Work with federation (Compliance, Controllers, Operations) and business to build and manage controls for regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Design and build new order and execution platforms and customized solutions to increase our operational efficiency, scale and provide automation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A passion for application development best practices, TDD and clean code are a must. As the successful candidate will work across the stack, a technology agnostic approach is vital. Technical qualifications- 2-7 years commercial experience- Java, Gemfire, Scala, AngularJS, Sybase, Jboss.
- Candidate must have experience in analysis, design and implementation of complex technical solution
- Self starter, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in team environment
- Strong communication skills are essential to manage the business interaction and the global nature of projects.
- MongoDB(Preferred), Gemfire (Preferred), Sybase, DB2, Hibernate
- Knowledge of FIX Protocol is preferred
- Experience in financial industry particularly in front office trading systems
- Understanding and/or experience in pricing, trading, order management and execution systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top