Technology - Prime Services - Developer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The role involves working in a dynamic front-office trading environment as a part of the global team. You'll be responsible for designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client accruals, and facilitating internal/external trading flows. We are seeking a developer who will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems in a global team. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. We currently have a strong focus on further automating our flows to enable us to increase our volumes to various electronic venues in a way that provides scale, transparency and control.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role.
- You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team, and will also have the opportunity to develop technical and analytical abilities as you progress on various projects and programmes of work.
- You will have the opportunity to liaise with the global Securities Lending team and other teams within the Engineering division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You to have 2+ years of commercial experience in building applications using Java technologies
- You should have a solid understanding of core Java concepts and Design Patterns
- A good understanding of the principles behind test driven development (TDD) with hands on experience with Unit Testing frameworks
- We'll expect you to be proficient with databases systems and SQL; able to write and analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions
- You should be able to analyse non-trivial interdependencies between systems and posses excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses is expected
- Excellent communication skills and client interaction are a key part of the role which we'd expect you to demonstrate
- Whilst not required, it will be a plus if you have experience of working in a user/client facing environment, ideally Prime Brokerage/Securities Lending
- Similarly advantageous would be an understanding of REST and SOA architectures or experience with Distributed Systems using EJB and JMS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top