Technology - Prime Services - Client Technology Solutions Operations - VP - New York, NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
An external client technology services and management role that works closely with sales, operations, product development and technology teams to support clients' use of Goldman Sachs proprietary technology. The role is within the Technology division with a bias towards our clients and leverages a deep understanding of Goldman Sachs technical flows to provide customized solutions to our clients
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
CLIENT SERVICES develops customized solutions that draw on GS's professional expertise to act as a central point of contact interacting with legal, compliance, risk, operations and technology. Client Technology provides a range of technology solutions that focus on delivering content to our hedge fund clients. We build everything from real-time portfolio management applications to post-trade operations, utilities, and portfolio accounting reports - all available through a world-class web portal.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The candidate will own and solve external client technical issues as they pertain to the Prime Services businesses. Bring a hands-on approach to systems and data integration, reporting and tools development tasks whilst leveraging various technology teams.
- Act as a central point for technology and functional related communications during operational incidents. Liaise between the CRMs team, Operations and Application Developers. The candidate will need to successfully blend technical and business knowledge in order to manage a global client base
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with of Financial Services Technology - minimum of 6 years.
- Experience with systems integration including UNIX, SQL, Perl, Stored Procedures and working with reference data.
- Good at picking up new computer languages and bespoke scripting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong team player yet simultaneously able to work on independent initiatives.
- Highly motivated with the ability to maintain momentum on many different work-streams simultaneously under pressure.
- Experience working with external clients.
- Experience of the Prime Brokerage and Futures Clearing businesses.
- Experience of Java and C++
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top