Technology - Platform - Workplace Engineering - Voice Engineer - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced implementation professional with engineering and program management skills to assure delivery of voice related technologies within the global and regional scopes. Driving down costs and reducing risk through environment ownership and optimization are the parallel goals in this position. Providing expertise in support of operational organizations will assure speed of issue resolution and integration of lessons learned into product development cycle.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Managing business, technology or risk-driven programs and projects across communication products to ensure they meet the firm's requirements. Products will cover Carrier products, Trader Voice Systems, IP-PBX, voicemail, call center, audio conferencing systems.
- Design deployment models standards, upgrade procedures and monitoring procedures for voice platforms.
- Interface with global team members to provide consistent product offerings.
- Perform engineering / design reviews. - Manage product lifecycles for voice platforms.
- Provide escalation support and advance troubleshooting of critical issues on voice platforms.
- Document the design, architecture, monitoring and support aspects of the supported platforms.
- Analyze production outage trends and recommend long-term product fixes.
- Engineer and streamline operation workflow process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Careers | Job Search - Technology - Tech Infrastructure - Workplace Engineering - Voice Engineer - Jersey City
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, reliable and be able to perform in both interrupt-driven and project-driven environments.
- Analytical, Problem solver and self-starter
- Operate in a fast-paced, demanding and delivery oriented environment
- Take ownership in a globally dispersed team and focus on delivery
- Excited to explore new technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design, deployment and support of voice platforms.
- Hands-on experience on Cisco voice products including Communications Manager, Unity Connection etc.
- Experience in engineering, deployment and support of large scale, multisite voice communication systems.
- Thorough understanding of the voice communication concepts and protocols.
- Ability to clearly document deployment designs and related management and support procedure.
- Knowledge of Windows/UNIX programming/scripting languages such as Perl, Python, bash shell scripting, PowerShell.
- Understanding of Computer-Telephony Integration APIs such as JTAPI would be an asset.
- Experience on Telecom Carriers management.
- Experience on unified communications and network infrastructure.
- Led global voice technology projects involving both engineering and operations deliverables.
- Ability to analyse production data in order to spot anomalies in configurations or logs
- Capable of automating repetitive tasks in a production environment.
- Experience on various enterprise voice products such as Asterisk IP-PBX, Audio Conferencing bridges, IPCC, IVR solutions.
- Ideal candidate will have 12+ years of experience with at-least 5+ years of technical project management/business systems analyst experience.
- Exchange 2007 and 2010, and Exchange 2013, Networking, e.g. DHCP, TCP/IP, WINS, firewalls, Working knowledge of email security ? Anti-Malware, SPAM and Phishing defenses, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Preferred but not mandatory: Experience with cloud email solutions (i.e. Office 365, GoogleApps, etc.)
- B.S., B.E in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar is preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top