Technology - Platform - Workplace Engineering - Mobile Developer - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Develop a suite of solutions providing BYOD functionality. Provide a secure container across all mobile OS platforms in which the application development community can develop applications. Define and deliver a seamless mobile strategy, inclusive of service, device and applications across the firm.
The Mobile Platform team is responsible for mobile platform development and governance for the firm. We created Orbit and Lagoon, a mobile application suite and a mobile secure framework that are now being sold commercially. We are now focused on integrating those products and leveraging them to build GS specific services while also building higher level components/apps/services focused on enabling mobile business processes and workflows.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be working closely with Technology Business Units across the firm to create common components, templates, and standards.
- There are opportunities to develop globally available highly resilient and secure server and client side applications utilizing a variety of technologies, while gaining exposure to front office business flows and processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with globally distributed teams
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Back-end development experience, ideally Java or a similar object-oriented language
- Exposure to Android or iOS platform development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top