Technology - Platform - Workflow Engineering - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Workflow Engineering team builds world-class technology solutions for automating all kinds of critical business processes across Goldman Sachs. We manage millions of tasks and business decisions, and run tens of thousands of workflows daily, in order to guarantee that vital business operations run on time. OUR IMPACT Drive the convergence of workflow platforms across the firm to promote process consistency and allow for the gathering and analysis of metrics.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate workflow solutions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong programming expertise in Java to an advanced level (with knowledge of the latest Java concurrency, streaming, non-blocking and functional language programming primitives and libraries) is a core requirement
- Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following additional areas of expertise:
- Business process modeling and decision modeling (e.g. BPMN 2.0 and DMN 1.1)
- Functional programming (e.g. Scala)
- Reactive systems programming (e.g. Akka)
- Exposure to RDBMS and NoSQL database platforms
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
- Experience building and sustaining long
- Term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skillsMasters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top