Technology - Platform - UX Developer - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The ideal candidate will serve as lead developer and architect for the group's front-end platform development activities, as well as serving as a thought leader for cross-team projects and the team's developer-outreach activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience collaborating with UX designers, be able to execute new functionality within a visual design language, and spot visual and interaction defects.
- Experience with building coherent design language in code
- Strong communication skills, including experience working with other development teams and business users.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a scalable, responsive website or web application.
- Back-end development skills, ideally in Java or a similar OO language.
- Working knowledge of databases (NoSQL and/or relational), RESTful service architectures, and Web architecture components (e.g., NGINX, Varnish, Apache, etc.), and Node.js
- Experience coding accessible websites (particularly experience with Semantic HTML5 and/or WCAG Compliance).
- Experience with front-end build pipelines and tools (e.g., Grunt, Gulp, WebPack)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top