Technology - Platform - UX Designer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The User Experience team is part of the Platform organisation at Goldman Sachs. The team is diverse and global, comprising developers, business analysts, visual designers and animators- a small, nimble, cross-disciplinary team taking deep dives into select problems, partnering with the business, clients, strategists and technologists to make the tools we deliver powerful, commercial, competitive, innovative and consumable.
Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm's business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Platform User Experience (UX) team is looking for an experienced UX professional. As a Senior User Experience Designer in the UX team, he/she will be responsible for driving the interaction design and look & feel of web, desktop & mobile applications for a variety of businesses at Goldman Sachs. The designer will work with business stakeholders, clients, and development teams to define, conceptualize, design, and validate the user experience of internal and external users. He / she will actively assist in defining and communicating a vision to improve the user experience of GS applications. The designer will help drive the creation of UI standards to provide consistency of experience across business units. The candidate must be an innovative, creative, and analytical problem solver. The candidate must have extensive experience working with development teams in an agile environment. Must have superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Not required, but a plus: Post-graduate degree or equivalent in interaction design, human factors, or related field
- 7+ years of Experience in interaction design, information architecture, and visual design for digital experiences
- UX design Experience for data intensive and transaction-oriented applications
- Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and principles
- Domain expertise in the financial sector
- Proven Experience designing interactive applications that have been developed and achieved great user adoption
- Experience with data visualization and visual design a plus
- Self-motivated and Self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- PORTFOLIO required: When applying for this position please include a link to your online PORTFOLIO or attach work samples
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top