Technology - Platform - Storage Engineer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
- Develops and maintains testing process for current, new, and modified storage and backup appliances and software.
- Maintain current knowledge of infrastructure related laws, trends, and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices
- Translate storage and backup architecture requirements into a solution configuration that will be installed and configured
- Take the architecture requirements and plans and develops a validation strategy and schedule for testing the solution before releasing to production
- Manage the purchase, installation, and configuration of new and existing storage and backup devices and corresponding software
- Oversee storage and backup, recovery and disaster recovery services to business units across the enterprise based on established requirements and future growth
- Ensure IT adherence to service level agreements regarding data recoverability, limitations, and availability
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Experience with managing and supporting storage backup solutions for large database environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise storage backup administration and disaster recovery
- At least 5 years of experience in Systems and/or Network Administration
- Experience with hardware and software products from EMC, Network Appliance, Hitachi and Pure Storage
- Experience with managing and supporting storage backup solutions for large database environments
- Extensive Experience in conducting DR tests
- Experience in working across ecosystem comprising of Solaris, Linux, Windows
- Proficiency in programming fundamentals; software design, debugging, best practices, testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top