Technology - Platform - SecDBA - DevOps Engineer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Enterprise Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, EP solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Develop, support, administer and consult in a business-critical trading infrastructure environment. As part of a transatlantic DevOps team of highly experienced engineers running a large-scale global deployment, you will be exposed to an exciting blend of engineering and operational responsibilities, with a healthy dose of risk management. We are highly leveraged, and constantly develop and enhance our toolset to assist in our delivery of a highly available service. The successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communications, a natural ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, and will be a self-starter with plenty of initiative. In-depth knowledge of unix systems is a pre-requisite, as is a willingness to learn new languages and programming paradigms (functional programming for example) as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Programming expertise in the following languages: Python, Perl, Shell Scripting (knowledge of Java, C++, Erlang or Haskell is a strong plus)
- Experience with storage and networking stacks
- Proven experience with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance) in the lifecycle of large distributed systems
- Experience with managing performance, availability and scale for mid to large sized systems. Experienced with software development on Windows and Linux
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong desire to learn
- Works effectively and thrives in a global team organization while able to operate independently and self-motivate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top