Technology - Platform - Platform UX Developer - Vice President - New York
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The User Experience development team is responsible for driving and evolving key web development components and core libraries used by key applications across the firm. We work as an Agile team and collaborate with the UX designers on the team to create the building blocks of awesome web UIs. We interface with other development teams across a variety of business lines, and provide thought leadership and design savvy to help them deliver great experiences for internal staff as well as external clients. We are driven yet collaborative, and work in close partnership with other core platform teams.
Design and deliver great products that satisfy the firm's business needs and achieve adoption. Our practitioners have expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The UX team is looking for a highly-motivated, versatile technologist to join our development team and help move forward the firm's web UI development strategy through the continued development of our frameworks, components, and applications. He/she will have a very strong design sense and be able to recognize and produce great designs and collaborate productively with user experience designers on the team. The developer will have made it a habit to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, and will bring this continually-evolving knowledge to bear in his or her day job, using it to drive the team's tech strategy. He/she will be outgoing and willing to dive in to the team's discussions, voice opinions, back them when challenged, and collaborate with teammates to build consensus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in developing user facing applications
- Experience with web technologies incl. HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, Angular JS, NodeJS, and React
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willingness to stand up for your opinions
- Strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation
- Some background on the Dash UI toolkit: Used by the vast majority of Web Applications in GS (300+), Code reuse realizes significant cost savings, Dash UI provides improved user experience across applications
- A proven track record creating gorgeous web interfaces and delightful interactions
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with user-experience designers, working from wireframes, design comps, or HTML/CSS/JS handoffs
- Experience building responsive web UIs
- Experience (formal or informal) in designing UIs
- Experience building Mobile UIs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top