Technology - Platform - Network Engineering - Trading Engineer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Technology Infrastructure is at the leading edge of technology, enabling innovation internally as we influence financial industry standards and wider tech industry products. Our commercial approach sets the direction for our software defined infrastructure platforms and solutions driving business for Goldman Sachs.
Data Center Products Group (DCPG) engineers data center solutions across compute, storage, networks, and physical data centers to provide the most efficient solutions through continued focus on software-based infrastructure, vendor engagement for commercial efficiencies and implementation of open source solutions.
Network Engineering is a global organization that is part of the Technology Division with staff around the world. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our architecture and performance engineering team in NJ. You will step into a team responsible for engineering designs and implementations that connect the bank to hundreds of trading venues, clearers and exchanges around the world.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developing a deep understanding of how B2B and trading environments work
- Overseeing the implementation of new sites, connections and feeds into the trading environment
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale
- Become a subject matter expert for trading and environments
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems, and provide guidance to operations staff
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5-10 years of networking engineering experience in a financial environment
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies and protocols, networking technologies. (Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, PIM, PTP, SNMP, MPLS)
- Strong knowledge of DMZ environments and circuit design
Experience with market data delivery - Excellent written and oral communication skills - Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills. - Experience with industry standard data center networking hardware and software platforms - Familiarity with packet captures and troubleshooting network performance problems
- Scripting and development experience in Node.js or Python - Ability to develop custom protocol decoders for performance analysis and monitoring - Experience automating network device configuration, testing, and deployment - Understanding of the Linux networking stack, system configuration, and socket programming - Experience optimizing network design for latency and performance requirement - Knowledge of network device internals (e.g. switching ASICs, designs, performance, and trade offs) - Experience or ability to develop bespoke network functionality using the P4 programming language - Experience with product on-boarding and life-cycle management (testing, certification, and documentation)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top