Technology - Platform - Middleware Engineering - Database Administrator (DBA) - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Middleware Engineering provides software based infrastructure solutions and subject matter expertise to application teams. This group ensures the firm is positioned for emerging technology offerings and spans Big Data, Machine Learning, Database, Messaging, Java, App Entitlement Management, Market Data, External Financial Messaging and related engineering efforts.
Middleware Engineering covers a range of products from messaging to application entitlement management. The successful candidate will become familiar with the platforms we own and will help to drive automation, optimization and adoption across the stack as well as contribute to key strategic projects.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Data distribution for the Firm
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge Big Data technologies
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Analytical, problem solver - ability to articulate thoughts clearly and influence
- Ability to perform trend/gap analysis and provide recommendation to address risks
- Knowledge of RDBMS Administration (ex. Sybase/DB2 etc.)
- Background in object oriented development and scripting languages Java, C++, Python is plus
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Understanding and familiarity of project management concepts
- Ability to work as part of a Global team
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in global teams
- Python, DB2, ASE
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top