Technology - Platform - Java Developer - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
Exception Hub team is responsible for the Firm's strategic repository for retaining, managing and correlating different control events. This technology platform helps reduce duplicate work performed by different teams on related exceptions, discover linkages between exceptions, identify root causes, hot spots and impact of exceptions, and enable automation of exception resolution.
The group is spread across New Jersey, Warsaw and Bengaluru.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We are looking for individuals who are interested in building near real time, high performance, high data volume applications using the latest technology stack, and are willing to learn.
- Exception Hub is being adopted by more technology teams and more business areas. As a result the platform is still growing and evolving.
- As a developer on the Exception Hub team, you will work with the latest technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka to build complex distributed applications to handle large data sets. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience in Java, Spring, REST, JSON, and knowledge of Enterprise patterns
- Understanding of principles of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization. Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks. Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business. Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes. Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Workflow, Spark, Akka, Elasticsearch
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top