Technology - Platform - GSWeb/GS.com Web Developer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Platforms is leading Goldman Sachs into the digital age. Our innovation in web, mobile, social, collaboration and user experience is changing the way we collaborate with our clients and with each other. Engineer open systems that allow collaborative development from all individuals at the firm. Deliver unified social and collaboration strategy and product set. Enhance the productivity of our engineers by integrating social tools into their business workflows. Enable connectivity between our people and our clients.
The GSWeb/GS.com team is responsible for building and delivering the tools which power the firm's revamped intranet and award-winning public website. The team is seeking an experienced Web developer to focus on extending and expanding the firm's intranet platform. The application stack---a microservices architecture comprising modern homegrown and open-source components---currently serves upwards of 1 million page views per day, defining and delivering a newly redesigned Web experience for all Goldman Sachs employees across the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The team is seeking an experienced Web developer to focus on extending and enhancing the platform's capabilities, both for end users of the site and applciation-development teams who leverage the stack to deliver capabilities to the people on the firm. By continuing to extend the capabilities of the platform and collaborating with other Technology teams to deliver functionality through it, candidate swill play a critical role in improving the employee experience, increasing user productivity, and realizing technical leverage.
The ideal candidate will serve as lead developer and architect for the group's front-end application development activities, as well as serving as a thought leader for cross-team projects and the team's developer-outreach activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Back-end development skills, ideally in Java or a similar OO language.
- Working knowledge of databases (NoSQL and/or relational), RESTful service architectures, and Web architecture components (e.g., NGINX, Varnish, Apache, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with Web designers or working within the constraits of a specifically designed Website. Candidates should understand how a site functions visually, be able to execute new functionality within a design's grammar, and show the capability to spot and correct visual defects.
- Strong communication skills, including experience working with other development teams and business users.
- Experience coding accessible websites (particularly experience with Semantic HTML5 and/or WCAG Compliance).
- Experience with front-end build pipelines and tools (e.g., Grunt, Gulp, WebPack)
- Hands-on experience with Node.js.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top