Technology - Platform - Global Data Center - Risk Manager - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Goldman Sachs Global Data Center team, which is part of the Platform Business Unit, has an opportunity for a Global Risk Manager. This role will support the Data Center Organization in defining, implementing and maintaining its Risk Management strategy. In addition this role will bring Global cohesion to our engagement with the GS Technology organization, internal auditors, external auditors and regulatory bodies.
Job Summary & Responsibilities The Global Datacenter Team is responsible for the Engineering and Operation of the Firm's Global Datacenter and Colocation footprint. Management of Risk in this environment is critical and key in maintaining operational effectiveness and meeting our commitments to Clients and the Firm as a whole. The Global Risk Manager is required to be an effective collaborator as the role requires significant interactions across Technology, Tech Risk, Internal Audit and OGS. Responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to:
- Physical access
- Primary point of engagement with OGS
- Participate in definition of the strategic physical access solution and reporting to meet audit requirements
- Management of current access systems and definition of clearance codes
- Retirement of all legacy systems for permanent and temporary access
- Policy Management
- Develop new policies in line with evolving technology
- Maintain existing policies on a periodic basis
- Sample policies are Access Control and Media Erasure
- Management of Data Center quarterly SOX certification
- Global evidence collection
- Enhancements to automate where possible
- Audit Engagement
- Internal Audit as they engage in various global audits that impact the Datacenter
- External Audit to support client reporting with Tech Risk and PwC(SSae16)
- Regulatory responses as required
- Manage responses
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top