Technology - Platform - Enterprise Technology Operations - Network Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focussed on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO's Monitoring team apply software engineering to various infrastructure platforms to provide visibility into service availability, service latency, service performance, service efficiency, pro-active capacity and event management that helps improve overall service uptime.
ETO's Network Monitoring Engineering team uses Vendor Solutions, Open-Source solutions, In-house software, analytics, big data processing and advanced visualization/interaction to give end users the ability to gain visibility into capacity, performance and degraded services in our heterogeneous infrastructure. This is achieved through sophisticated engineering, analysis of various vendor / open-source solutions, autonomics and machine learning that statistically and inductively help understand the behaviour of these complex systems.
An individual in this role is responsible for design, development, deployment and support of products and platforms that leverage JAVA based technologies and enable large scale Time-Series, logs and Event management applications processing in engineering products in ETO. The individual will engage in both server side as well as front-end development as may be required to achieve the desired outcomes. Knowledge of IP Networking basics is a big plus.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design component as well as integration architecture for large scale Time-Series, logs and Event management applications primarily in network monitoring space.
- Develop, test and support features for globally deployed web apps.
- Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
- Participate in team-wide design and code reviews.
- Keep abreast of emerging technical trends, so applicability to ETO products can be determined.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication
- At least 6 or more years of experience in relevant role
- Core Java, Collections Framework, Concurrent Programming
- Experience with spring framework, multi-threading
- Testing frameworks including Junit
- Experience with Spark, Elastic-Search, MongoDB, Hadoop Hive/Hbase.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Unix/Linux/Networking basics experience
- Experience and knowledge of IP Networking basics.
- Strong Communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams,
- Experience in leading, mentoring and building teams would be a big plus.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team,
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions,
- Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC.
- Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (Sybase or Postgres or Oracle)
- Working knowledge of Maven, SVN, NPM, Gulp
- Programming in Perl, Python and shell script.
- Experience in Network Management Systems (NMS) & Operational Support System (OSS) is a big plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS..
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top