Technology - Platform - Enterprise Technology Operations - Automation Specialist - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The AppBank Operations team will provide a unified approach to cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business, sharing best practices while providing a critical mass to help drive transformation. The team also adopts various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, test, and deploy various automation needs in banking environment
- Collaborating with application developers in the design and production release of automated solutions
- Own and drive enhancements to improve reliability and performance of existing automation solutions
- Analysing risks, gaps in the existing environment/applications and resolve them using
- Drive enhancing scalability, performance, and monitoring strategies for the existing automation platform
- Collaborating with clients in requirement gathering and providing multiple logical solutions
- Challenge existing automation, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
- Build/improve run books for quality documentation and auditing purpose
- 3+ years of experience in IT preferably in software development
- In-depth knowledge on Linux Platform and advance troubleshooting skills to help automate support work
- Good knowledge of shell scripting & Groovy, Java SQL, and/or Python
- Knowledge on automation tools internal or vendor products like HPOO, Mana, Ignio, etc.
- Knowledge on version control system like svn, cvs
- Good to have knowledge of reporting / ETL tools like Qliksense, Tableau, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to observe patterns, analyze root cause, and suggest ideas to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated success at delivery of assignments with tight deadline.
- Strong team player with experience of working as part of a global team.
- Self-starter mind set with the ability to share ideas, identify and drive opportunities.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of the problem to senior stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
- Financial Service domain knowledge whilst, not a pre-requisite is desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top