Technology - Platform - Enterprise Technology Operations - Applied Data Scientist - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Enterprise Technology Operations (ETO) is a Technology Business Unit focussed on running scalable production management services with a mandate of operational excellence and operational risk reduction that is achieved through large scale automation, best-in-class engineering and by leveraging data sciences and machine learning. ETO's System Reliability Engineers (SREs) apply software engineering to production management services including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, capacity planning & monitoring. SREs drive automation by building and adopting tools and practices that enable standardization of Technology's runtime environment.
ETO's Machine Learning team uses statistical modelling, anomaly detection, predictive modelling, time series forecasting and other techniques on big and fast data to reduce the risk and cost of managing the firm's massive compute infrastructure and applications.
An individual in this role is responsible for deeply understanding our problem space, swiftly identifying high impact business problems, succinctly formulating them as statistical modelling or machine learning tasks, deftly developing performant, scalable, and resilient production-grade models, readily deploying those models to production, constantly monitoring model performance to ensure delivery of the desired business impact, and effectively communicating the impact broadly at the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A Bachelor's degree (Masters/ PhD preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline), with 3+ years of experience as an applied data scientist (or equivalent)
- Understanding of applied statistics and fundamental ML principles and techniques
- Ability to apply fundamental algorithms and data structures to efficiently solve computational problems
- Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, R, Java, C++ etc.)
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top