Technology - Platform - Developer/System Engineer - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Enterprise Platforms is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, EP solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Strategic engagement with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Interface with application and development community to analyze and resolve escalations
- Provide technical guidance on established infrastructure best practices to IT community and business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to streamline and automate existing tasks, improving productivity and enhancing focus on strategic platforms
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
- Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, .NET, C++, Erlang (knowledge of Haskell, Lisp, Clojure, Scala or Prolog is a strong plus)
- Experience with storage and networking stacks
- Proven experience with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance) in the lifecycle of large distributed systems
- Experience with managing performance, availability and scale for mid to large sized systems
- Experienced with software development on Windows and Linux
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong desire to learn
- Works effectively and thrives in a global team organization while able to operate independently and self-motivate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top