Technology - Platform - Data Lake Onboarding - Analyst - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Platform solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm?s culture of high-caliber software engineering.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- New producer clients in the onboarding of their data in to the lake
- Onboarding new consumer clients in the creation of warehouses and entitlements
- Help writing refiners using Java and Spark
- Assist clients they've helped with training on how to handle day to day operations once data is being ingested or consumed
- Diagnose issues those clients have and bring feedback to the development team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top