Technology - Platform - Data Lake Java Developer - Associate - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Data Lake team is responsible for the Firm?s strategic repository for enterprise data.
Technology teams across the Firm are clients, participating in providing and consuming data to & from the lake. Developers on the team create and manage the software that manages the data in the lake, ensuring entitlements are enforced appropriately, data is milestoned, and available for query on multiple target warehouse platforms. The group is spread across New Jersey, Bengaluru, and Dallas.
Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- We are looking for individuals who are interested in building java services and application components for high performance, high data volume applications using the latest technology stack, and are willing to learn.
- The Data Lake is being adopted by technology teams across the Firm at a very high rate. As a result the platform is still growing and evolving.
- As a developer on the Data Lake team, you will work with the latest technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Akka to build complex distributed applications to handle large data sets. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with various senior stakeholder across Technology Division and their Business sponsors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience in Java, REST, JSON, and knowledge of Enterprise patterns
- Understanding of principles of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization. Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks. Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business. Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes. Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis
- Experience with developing Workflow, Spark, MapReduce, Elasticsearch, and Sybase IQ.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top