Technology - Platform - Cloud Windows Engineer - Associate - Salt Lake City, Utah
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. The Cloud Engineering windows platform team provides global service and support for a large scale desktop cloud solution, remote connectivity platform and servers supporting both infrastructure and business applications. The team ensures continuous patch, security and platform policy standards compliance by developing and enhancing systems management tools to efficiently manage plant operations. Working with product engineers the team also leverages a comprehensive understanding of the infrastructure environment to ensure new products are integrated with consistency and quality.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
THE TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Operate and develop our systems management, patch and configuration tools to ensure platform security and consistency
- Engage in tools development to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients
- Analyze and resolve cases escalated by 2nd level support teams
- Technical Windows infrastructure solutions architect responsible for providing Level-3 support
- Engage product engineers on requirements, roadmap development and platform integration
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience with:
- Windows administration and troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Windows7/2008/2012 server and desktop platforms
- Experience with large scale windows systems management and patch management technologies and support
- Working experience on various enterprise products: Citrix, Terminal Server, HyperV, DPM, DFSR, Print/File
- Extensive experience with one or more programming and scripting languages: Power Shell, WMI, WSH, Perl, Python, .NET
- High-performance, highly-available and low latency computing environments
- Providing high-level windows support in complex environments and interacting with non-technical and technical users
- Financial Services/Enterprise experience is preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, and be able work in a fast paced, environment
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills ? Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top