Technology - Platform - Cloud Platforms - Server Hardware Engineer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
The Server Hardware Engineering team in Cloud Platforms is responsible globally for engineering, integrating, and standardizing server computing platforms for the firm. The group's efforts are focused on server hardware running Linux, Windows, Hypervisors and containers. The team is part of the Infrastructure organization and it interacts closely with development, system administration and data center teams across every division of the firm. The team is looking for a server hardware engineer/developer to design and implement computing infrastructure and toolsets used to provision and manage hardware deployments in the field. Ideal candidates will be a undergraduate Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5 years of relevant experience and will possess in-depth and hands-on knowledge of hardware platforms (x86), and have a strong understanding of the engineering and development life cycle process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Assist with the evaluation and certification of new server hardware platforms primarily focused on performance benchmarking and supportability.
- Development of tools to help automate the certification, benchmarking and support of server hardware platforms. Interface with hardware vendors and provide feedback for future product development.
- Responsibilities will include architectural consultation as well as third level hardware systems support across various Operating Systems.
- Strong project management and execution.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communications and team leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of x86
- Willing to work in a team-oriented environment with team members across the globe.
- Scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python) required in leading the development of automation tools.
- Hands-on experience with hardware testing, benchmarking, and management tools.
- Proven ability to assume ownership and willingness to take on responsibility and manage projects to completion.
- Good understanding of computing ecosystem; data center practices, power/cooling, remote management, etc.
- Experience of working in Finance Industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top