Technology - Platform - Cloud Platforms - Front End Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
Cloud Platforms is a global team that develops and manages the Linux & Windows computing platform at Goldman Sachs. The cloud engineering team works closely with application developers & strategists to architect and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform. This front-end web developer role is responsible for building functional and appealing web applications which provide the application community insight into the systems which built by cloud engineers at Goldman Sachs. You will be required to develop, build, test, maintain and improve web apps currently written with AngularJS or React. You will need to meet with cloud engineers to review requirements and create mock-ups and/or prototypes which, when product-ionized, will be the face of many cloud-based programs in place to manage a sprawling computing environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will need to meet with cloud engineers to review requirements and create mock-ups and/or prototypes which, when product-ionized, will be the face of many cloud-based programs in place to manage a sprawling computing environment
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in a Science or Engineering program
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- Understanding of web architecture, security, cookies, and AJAX
- Strong sense of UI/UX design
- Experience with high-availability systems
- Proficiency with React or AngularJS
- Experience building single page applications
- Experience shipping front-end applications to production
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top