Technology - Platform - Cloud Platforms - Enclave Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
TECHNOLOGYOur team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firm-wide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs. Cloud Platform is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, we solve critical problems, maintain and strengthen essential systems, and provides training and internal consultancy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate platform solutions
- Collaborate with application development teams and the development community at large to analyze and resolve escalations
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to IT community and the business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Java, .NET, C++, Erlang (knowledge of Haskell, Lisp, Clojure, Scala or Prolog is a strong plus)
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science skills in one or more of the following considered a plus: machine learning, compilers, formal methods, lambda calculus, hardware engineering, concurrency
- Proven experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
- Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems
- Academic or commercial experience developing software for Windows and Linux
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top