Technology - Platform - Cloud Platforms - Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Cloud Desktop Development team is responsible for strategic application delivery and management of the firm's entire virtual desktop platform. The tools we develop provide the full lifecycle management of virtual desktops, from provisioning through deprovisioning, connection brokering and end user assignment. We provide self-service software delivery and lifecycle of both internally and externally developed packages through integration with the firm's standard software acquisition and SDLC platforms.
With over 4,000 applications, 40,000 users and 100,000 nodes under management, the platform is leveraged broadly across the Firm. This role will require a senior software architect with experience developing complex infrastructure platforms that can drive the technical strategy for a global team of developers.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This role offers the motivated candidate a unique opportunity to collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders, including developers (both within Cloud Platforms and from business unit-aligned groups across the division), external vendors, risk advisory professionals, and end users.
- Given the use by the entire firm, this role offers the potential for the candidate to have a large impact on directly defining the virtual desktop experience within Goldman Sachs
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong object-oriented application-development skills, ideally with experience in Java. Candidates should have at least three years of practical experience in a role that involved both architecture/design and hands-on development, including writing of technical specifications to drive design discussions to achieve consensus
- Demonstrated experience owning enterprise-class applications and delivering high-availability, fault tolerant, globally accessible services at scale
- Working knowledge of databases (NoSQL or RDBMS), data analytics (e.g. ElasticSearch/Kibana), message brokers (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ), application containers (e.g., Tomcat), Restful services
- Knowledge of coding best practices and standards with the ability to enforce them among the team. Emphasis on code quality and code reviews with a focus on security. Ability to understand all phases of SDLC with experience releasing software into Production environments
- Good sense of user interaction and usability design to provide a seamless end user experience
- Excellent communication skills, including experience working directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Experience working collaboratively with a global team
- Candidates should be self-motivated and display initiative, ownership, and flexibility. Ideal candidates will have a history of creative, high-quality execution in situations with time pressure and resource constraints Ability to muti-task and delegate is required
- Front-end Web development experience---especially experience with modern frameworks and approaches towards delivering real-time functionality in a single-page Web application is a plus
- Engineering or DevOps experience, including infrastructure planning, capacity management, and managing scalable distributed systems
- Experience with systems management software products like SCCM. Ability to do rapid prototypes with open-source and vendor products to gauge feasibility of usage within the environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top