Technology - Platform - Cloud Platforms - Compute/Infrastructure Engineer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Mid to senior level engineer within the Deploy and Run Platform business unit will be responsible for evaluating, designing, and implementing complete infrastructure solutions from scratch. You?ll be working within a global team on cutting edge hardware, operating systems, Hypervisors, Linux containers, networks and storage to build out our next generation computing solution. This is a hands-on role with an emphasis on automating the complete infrastructure from scratch. We are looking for a result oriented, self-starter who will be able to dive deep into problems and think outside of the box to create production ready solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design state of the art wide scale data destruction recovery solution
- Choose, design an implement cutting edge scalable technologies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- CS Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with either Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc. ) and/or hardware virtualization / hypervisor / VM technologies from VMware, Microsoft and/or Linux (Xen or KVM)
- Solid understanding of operating systems (Linux and Windows) and x86 hardware
- Proficiency in scripting using Perl, Python or Ruby
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of Web Services / RESTful API creation and integration
- Knowledge of related storage and IP network technologies
- Experience with public cloud technologies ? Amazon AWS, OpenStack, CloudStack or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with UNIX configuration management solutions ? CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt
- Understanding of storage platforms
- Understanding of networking concepts and experience with host based firewalls
- Understanding of critical infrastructure functions like dns/dhcp/directory services/kerberos etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top