Technology - Platform - Cloud Platforms - Cloud System Engineer - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
Cloud Platforms is a global team that develops and manages the Linux & Windows computing platform at Goldman Sachs. The cloud engineering team works closely with application developers & strategists to architect and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform. The system engineer role is responsible for supporting specific business units' needs and maintaining core infrastructure systems. Specifically, this involves day-to-day responsibilities such as application and service troubleshooting, system configuration, host provisioning, performance testing and tuning, and hardware evaluation. You will also be responsible for writing code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services. Lastly you delve into new technologies (docker, mesos, salt & more), understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the compute platform.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will also be responsible for writing code to automate tasks and implement infrastructure services. Lastly you delve into new technologies (docker, mesos, salt & more), understanding how each can be introduced to support the continued evolution of the compute
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in a Science or Engineering program
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash - Linux system administration skills
- Experience with a configuration management system, such as CFEngine, Salt, Chef, or Puppet- Exposure to large-scale server deployments
- Experience with low-latency/high-performance environments
- Experience with high-availability systems
- Experience with internet/perimeter computing environments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top