Technology - Platform - Cloud Automation Java / Python Developer - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Focus on developing an integrated approach for the firmwide cloud infrastructure. This includes capability build-out, provisioning, and adoption of an integrated experience across all compute platforms within GS as well as enabling innovative commercial opportunities through public cloud access and Cloud Platforms client APIs.
The team supports the Cloud Platform by providing a set of tools which provide for modeling, automation, and management of system configuration across the different virtualization platforms. The successful candidate will be working as part of a global team responsible for the consolidation of multiple configuration platforms to a single strategic configuration platform and the implementation of tools in support of configuring, maintaining, and monitoring the Dynamic Computing production environment.
These proprietary applications consist of a number of components which touch a number of different technologies:
- UCM- Java / Python / Mongo / DB2 / SALT - Edgecase - Python / Cassandra - Other Tools - Python / GS Web Toolkit / Bash
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions
- Develop new services / functionality on the new, strategic configuration system using Python and Java
- Enhance configuration automation functionality on existing applications leveraging Python and Java
- Design and develop tools to automate the creation of system configuration
- The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams, both from a development as well as a maintenance perspective
- The candidate will work through the software development life cycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, Python, Bash etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years relevant technical Experience including as a developer having a successful track
- Record of delivering applications and exposure to the software development lifecycle
- A Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience in Python and / or Java
- Experience with DB2 and / or Mongo and / or Cassandra and database development
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
- Experience in test driven development
- Familiarity with open source configuration tools such as Salt, Chef, Puppet, or CF Engine
- Using Agile methodolgies
- Automated testing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top