Technology - Platform - Business Manager - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the financial planning and analysis function for the business unit, lead the business planning cycle, coordinate with various teams to meet the annual budget, identify potential areas for cost saving
- Manage the department to both budget and headcount targets
- Lead headcount management efforts including transfers and mobilities in and out and external hires
- Support senior management team to explain their budget and headcount
- Manage TBM/EDGE for division
- Work on both short term, ad hoc requests as well as longer term analyses and projects
- Map out processes and develop efficiencies and improvements
- Role varies by initiative and may be project management related or business analyst/execution oriented to support the management team
- Work closely with HCM, TFS and others as needed on a variety of projects
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Master at Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc)
- Budgeting background, Finance background
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong MS Office Skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to mulit-task and work under pressure and prioritize
- Results oriented and proactive. Ability to handle multiple, time sensitive projects while focusing on the high quality of work delivered.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to put together polished and professional looking commercial decks for management on a wide range of topics
- Fast learner, ability to navigate the organization and get up to speed quickly on key topics
- Ability to connect the dots across projects and budget activities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top