Technology - Platform - AppBank Operations Front Line Support - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
AppBank Operations is a 24x7, two city model unified production management team supporting the business application of the firm using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business, sharing best practices while providing a critical mass to help drive transformation. The team also adopts various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Vice President in AppBank, the Technology Division's "Run-The-Bank" production management organization in Goldman Sachs. Senior role in the production management function for technologies and systems that support the Firm's various business functions.
- Work actively with team members to analyze and resolve application issues
- Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
- Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
- Adopt various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
- Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with AppBank Engineering team in automating them
- Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability
- Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
- Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency
- Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required pre-hire
- Lead the team of specialists, guide them on complex issues, manage multiple 'potential Sev1' and Sev1 incidents leveraging other specialists in the team
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Five (5) years of software development experience or Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and Seven (7) years of software development experience AND Three (3) years of experience in leading development team
- Computer Science concept of Data Structures in practical use cases
- Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues
- Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
- One of the following Structured or Object Oriented programming languages: Java, C, C++, VB, .NET, ASP or Angular etc.
- One of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2
- Experience in the Financial Service Industry
- Experience in Cluster Computing and Big Data solutions: Spark, Hadoop, HDSF, XRS using public cloud
- Degree in Computer Science
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top