Technology - Platform - AppBank Operations - Client Impact Specialist - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
AppBank Operations is a 24x7, unified production management team supporting the firm's business applications through the use of leading-edge support systems and processes. The team's continuous improvement is facilitated by through the adoption of tooling which is developed by the AppBank Engineering team. These systems highlight discrepancies in the health of production and automate failure resolution through the use of machine learning techniques. The focus of the team is on continuous measurement and reduction of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
As a Vice President in AppBank, the Technology Division's "Run-The-Bank" production management organization in Goldman Sachs. Specialist role in assessing, mitigating, communicating, and managing issues that affect the client's experience in the production management functions that support the Firm's Equity Clients businesses.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work actively with various support teams in the firm to analyze and assess client impacts during incidents
- Connect the dots technically and functionally through technology stack from front to back during incidents
- Manage client impact assessment during incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Enhance client experience by identifying improvements to application stability and performance or operational workflow efficiency, and advise service owners on permanent enhancements accordingly
- Adopt various tools developed by engineering teams to automate client impact assessment using machine learning techniques and measure/notify potential degradation in client experience.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated and then work with engineering teams in automating them
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent)
- At least ten (10) years of operations, technology, or client service experience in Financial Service Industry
- Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience identifying patterns, analyzing root cause and proposing solutions to resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with senior stakeholders
- A comprehensive understanding of pre and post trade execution flows ranging from order management, executions, allocations, trade processing, confirmations, settlements, positions and balances, ledgers, margin and client reporting functions
- Degree in Engineering
- Specialization in Equities business processing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top