Technology - Operations Technology - Post Execution Platform - Analyst
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Post Execution Platform supports and develops the firm's middle-office systems across the entire securities division globally, and has a direct impact on the effective functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis. As a member of our team you will work closely with the securities business and technical colleagues to solve complex technical problems and contribute to commercially-effective technical solutions of evolving business requirements.
The successful candidate will work interactively with technical teammates locally and in New York, London, and Bengaluru, as well as with colleagues in operations and on trading desks. Effective problem-solving through communication and a highly-developed analytical and technical skillset are essential to your success. Our technology stack heavily emphasizes proprietary systems recognized throughout the financial industry and beyond as best-in-class. A willing and enthusiastic attitude toward mastering the necessary technical skills, as well as toward forming a detailed understanding of the trading businesses you will work with, are key requirements of the role. Personal interests which include finance, financial computing, highly-distributed systems, and programming languages are a plus.
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Support the production environment, assist in the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, and maintain the stability and integrity of systems
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable client and server-side systems in a structured, disciplined, and fast-moving environment
- Implement new systems using Goldman Sachs' proprietary database and development platform
- Develop within a controlled process including design and code reviews
- Form strong client relationships with traders, operations, controllers, and other technology groups in an integrated business and technology environment
- Become an integral part of a global technology team
- Must be willing to work with proprietary technologies. No knowledge of proprietary technologies required pre-hire.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor's or Master's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
- 1+ years with a B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years programming in an object-oriented language (strongly preferred) such as C++, Java, C#, and/or programming in one or more procedural languages such as C
- Experience developing applications using relational databases and SQL
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, shell scripting
- Experience with complex distributed systems and multi-tier architectures
- Experience working in the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with complex debugging and root-cause analysis
- Experience interacting with end users and eliciting requirements
Preferred Qualifications• Object-oriented database experience a plus
- Experience working in a global team
- Experience working in a financial services firm
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top