Technology - Operations Engineering - Prime Clearing Operations - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
The Prime Services Clearing Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to clear, process and report global listed and over-the-counter derivatives traded by Hedge Funds, Institutional investors, and internal firm trading desks. This includes both external connectivity to global clearing houses and exchanges, and internal trade matching, lifecycle management, and billing/reporting. The team works closely with our business and operations counterparts on product specifications and workflows. This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as having a direct impact on business efficiency in a technology-intensive business in which Goldman Sachs is a market leader. Client demands and high trading volumes put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies. This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business and operations, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the distributed Listed Derivatives Clearing System
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and support
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Operations professionals to define behavior, services, and interfaces for the tools under development
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
- On occasion, the candidate is expected to lead technical discussions with the global team members
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical skills
- 5+ years of Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns)
- Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#)
- 5+ years RDBMS experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top