Technology - Operations Engineering - Java Developer - Client Tax Tech - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
As a developer within Tax Operations Technology team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining one or more components for the team's applications using various industry and in house technologies. You will work with other team members on larger multi-month projects with Tax Ops to understand their requirements, propose solutions, prototype and implement your design.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design and implement systems for Client Tax functions with high scalability and throughput operating on big data platforms
- Partner with the other teams within and outside of Technology and Strats organization to leverage our deep technical intellectual property and products from across the firm, while also delivering best-of-breed commercial-quality enterprise applications
- Be hands-on and take ownership of issues to ensure follow-through
- Have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working in a global team that both welcomes and challenges new ideas
- Improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Build software components quickly, yet responsibly with solid testing
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong Java developer with proven experience in designing and building efficient, maintainable software
- Experience encompassing the full software development lifecycle
- Experience in one or multiple technologies like Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Minimum experience of 2 years
- Working experience in a financial institution and having a good understanding of OTC and Listed products
- Experience in User Interface, rules and workflow platforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top