Technology - Operations Engineering - Funding and Liquidity Execution - Developer - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Developer responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems
- Direct interaction with end users of the technology solution provided * Responsible for L3 production support of global users
- A variety of technologies will be used ( standard and proprietary )
- Work on key global projects in the Funding & Liquidity Execution Technology space. Be involved from project inception to requirements/design, implementation, testing and go-live. Close interaction and partnership with users in different Operations groups. Provide suitable and well thought out technical solutions to business problems. Oversee and coach more junior developers on the team.
- Potential to grow into a global application platform owner or learn lead role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Java or C++ programming on Linux
- Experience with relational db, e.g. Sybase
- Well versed in the SDLC (technical design, different types of testing, technical excellence)
- Strong communication skills
- Global teamwork
- Strong programming experience in more than one procedural/object oriented languages (Java, C++, Perl, Shell)
- Strong analytical and communication skill
- Self starter
- Knowledge of Unix, SQL and RDBMS (preferably Sybase)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top