Technology - Operations Engineering - Derivatives Trade Processing - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Post-Execution Derivative (PED) Technology team is aligned to the Securities Division, providing transaction services, trade processing and settlements capabilities for all OTC derivative, FX and Commodity trading globally at Goldman Sachs. The Derivative Trade Processing (DTP) team, within the PED Technology organization, is looking for software developers who can deliver technology solutions to enable new business activities, allow business growth by creating STP and scale, and satisfy regulatory obligations. You will be part of a team, working closely with other Technology teams, the Securities Division, Operations, Compliance and Legal to utilize technology to address challenging business needs.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Changes in the finance industry are requiring derivative transaction processing to become more STP, which is driving a re-architecture of the current Post-Execution Derivative platform. The projects that you work on will enable to current architecture to evolve into a set of platforms, services and APIs that can be leveraged for multiple business needs. There is an ever-increasing demand for our software capabilities to achieve business growth, regulatory requirements, and organizational efficiency. This role will enable you to build technical depth and expertise, and you will be working closely with senior technical experts. You will also have the opportunity to gain an in depth understanding of the OTC derivative products life cycle.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-7 years experience with Java
- Experience with domain modeling, test-driven development
- Willingness to learn and apply new technical and functional skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of finance industry
- Experience with Java8
- Service-oriented architecture
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top