Technology - Operations Engineering - Control Engineering - Java Developer - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
As an control engineer, you will be responsible for being part of a team building out control implementations and tooling to allow preventative, longitudinal, bilateral, and detective controls to be supported in our end to end architecture across Operations Engineering. We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial/innovative solutions and developing highly quality products.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Driven with Strong Analytical and Design Skills
- Ability to efficiently work within a global team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player and good interpersonal skills.
- Self starter and able to work in a high paced environment.
- Must be willing to handle first line support calls and work on a support rota
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3 or more years of experience in developing Core Java and database applications
- Strong skills in Web services, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate (or similar ORM), Design Patterns & solid skills in XML.
- Strong OO design skills and experience
- Familiarity with
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top