Technology - Operations Engineering - Client Services - Java Developer - Associate - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
THE TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Development across the full project life-cycle including design, programming, code management and testing.
- Communicate regular status updates to management and colleagues for development and project responsibilities.
- Ownership of key project and application components
- Contribute your knowledge and engage with global development team to promote best practice technical and functional development across CSW applications and supported businesses.
- Partner with operations teams for requirements definition
- Hands on coverage and assistance to the support team for critical production issues
- Critical Mifid 2 related reg projects
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong technical skills, principally Java experience developing on server-side Linux/Unix based systems. Solid object-oriented design and programming skills and SQL and Database skills, e.g. Sybase
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top