Technology - Operations Engineering - Business Application Development Engineer - Margin - Vice President - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on critical business problems interacting with multiple businesses, operations and technology teams. We are responsible for the critical client facing functions of Margin, Collateral Management and Valuations. We aim to innovate and drive solutions through technology that will impact the bottom line for the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- A wide variety of projects are active and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions.
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components of the Margin Platform.
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and support.
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Operations professionals to define behaviour, services, and interfaces for the tools under development
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns).
- RDBMS experience (Sybase or DB2 preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- OO design/develop
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top